Lafayette Housing Resources
AIE Lafayette does not provide on-campus housing due to our public location in The LITE Center..
Below is a list of resources we have compiled to help you in your search for housing. Please note that AIE is not affiliated with these organizations; information provided is meant to be for your handling of housing.
If you are an enrolled incoming student for this coming school year and you are interested in finding housing and or an AIE classmate to be your roommate, please contact Student Services. We will provide you options and facilitate a forum for you to contact other students and pursue housing together.
Here is a short list of Student Housing located near AIE. Many are within walking distance or have easy access to public transit options. Conventional Apartments are also plentiful, but we recommend Student Housing for our First-Year students:
Here are some helpful tips for first-time renters:
- If moving into Student Housing, be sure the Lease Terms align with AIE’s school schedule (you may have to request early move-in and/or late move-in)
- Some complexes furnish their units. This is one less cost for you to worry about!
- Bringing Fido from home? Check the pet fees and possibly even pet rent that is associated with the apartment you’re looking into
- Look for easy access to grocery stores, restaurants, and public transit (or free/ included parking space)
- Try to get an apartment that will cover water/sewer/garbage for you… possibly even all utilities!
- Tour multiple complexes to be sure you’ll be happy!
- Make sure you view the actual apartment you will be renting before signing a lease (not a showroom!)
- Be mindful of the small details. Do you NEED a Washer & Dryer? Ceiling Fans? Can you paint your walls? These details will mean a lot over the next year.
- Take pictures of the apartment when you move in and make note of the condition
* Please note that AIE is not affiliated with, and does not endorse, any of the above apartments. AIE also cannot guarantee that you will be able to secure housing at the above apartments, as availability and resident qualifications vary. We are simply trying to provide a good starting point for your housing search.